Sunday, September 26, 2010

Aftermath

I loved every bit of living abroad, during spring break I got the opportunity to travel to north Africa and it was amazing. I have never had such a culture shock as I did there. I am a huge history buff, so the mosques and castles all over north Africa is definately something one should check out.

After I got back to the US, I began working for the federal government in a specific department, which I will not name now. Suffice to say, I became really upset when, after all of my training and hard work, I was routinely been told NOT to do my job. Now when I say not do my job I dont mean to say I sat around and did nothing, quite the contrary, but I was deliberately told to not do the type of work that would truely make a difference in the "fight" we were supposedly in together. I can tell you for a fact people got hurt and money was lost in respect to taxpayers. I also realised that political correctness of "certain" administrations have done an incredible amount of damage in relation to organized crime and national security.

At this point, I am really sick of working for this particular department and hope that at State, I will be allowed to truely make a difference. I may be dissapointed, and I realise that, but this will allow me to at least say I made a full effort at improving what I saw as problem in the way the United States does business, domestically and internationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment